Balto – Dog Hock Brace – BT HOCK has been designed for conditions which cause lesions in the region of the hock joint, with symptoms such as pain, lameness or difficulty in moving.
The dog hock brace is commonly used to support hock instability, collateral ligament, tendon rupture, osteoarthritis, tarsal arthrodesis, joint fusion.
The brace can also be used without its metal splints for conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis. The compression it provides increases the blood pressure in the area of the hock, thus raising the temperature. This reduces the pain caused by the conditions.
Also used for protection purposes, it can contain plasters or bandages, with or without medication, in the case of surgical wounds or pressure sores. Also excellent after surgery.
A stabilizing effect and reduction of the load: this is how the BT-HOCK brace helps ensure rapid recovery, avoiding any secondary damage. The action of the brace improves the work of the ligaments, reducing the level of pain; the reduced load alleviates the injured part, helping reduce discomfort and, in some cases, the swelling. And all this without preventing the dog from making its usual movements and ensuring excellent flexion and flexibility of the muscles, while the ligaments remain contracted.
The rigid splints are designed to block the dog’s limb at the height of the hock following surgery.
- Breathable fabric.
- Excellent wearability.
- Hand washable.
- The brace can be used in pre- and in post-surgery.
- Rigid splints included into the brace.
SIZES AND MEASUREMENTS
Available in five adjustable sizes:
|Size||Leg Circumference below the Hock||Approx Dog Weight|
|XXS||4.5-7cm / 1.77-2.75in||5-10kg / 11-22lb|
|XS||6-8cm / 1.9-3.2in||10-15kg / 22-33lb|
|S||8-11cm / 3.2-4.33in||15-20kg / 33-44lb|
|M||11-13cm / 4.33-5.12in||20-30kg / 44-66lb|
|L||13-15cm / 5.12-5.9in||30-45kg / 66-100lb|
|XL||14-16cm / 5.5-6.3in||Over 45kg / Over 100lb|
Please make sure there is enough clearance on your dog’s leg between the hock and the toes.
See the distance A on the brace below.
|Size||A length on the brace|
|XXS||5.5cm / 2.2in|
|XS||6.5cm / 2.6in|
|S||7.5cm / 3.1in|
|M||8.5cm / 3.4in|
|L||9.5cm / 3.8in|
|XL||10cm / 4in|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- During the period of restraint, it is advisable not to leave the dog alone for too long, because it might try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Caution: Direct contact between the splints and the skin means that the brace may cause reddening if the dog is taken out to play or run while wearing it. We recommend that this be prevented by placing some gauze or cotton wool between the splints and the skin.
- Consult a veterinarian to assess if you should use the hock brace with or without the rigid splints and at what stage of the recovery you can remove the splints from the brace. When the brace is used with the splints, the dog should not over exercise, trot,run or jump.
- Always remove the rigid splints before washing.
As your pet has the potential to damage the brace or injured themselves, we recommend supervision of your dog at all time when wearing the brace.
DOWNLOADSView BALTO Product Catalog View BALTO Company Presentation